The Eye Examination
WHY YOU NEED AN EYE EXAM?
Your eyesight is our highest priority; irrevocable damage can occur before you even know you have a problem. In taking care of your eyes now you can prevent possible complications later in life.
By visiting your optometrist you have made a decision to look after your vision; as such, we at Eyediology Opticians will do our level best to reciprocate your concern by providing the best eye health care we can offer.
Our adult eye exam usually last 30 minutes, this is so that your optometrist can perform an in-depth and unhurried examination; checking the health of your eyes as well as testing your vision.
The eye examination is a vital health check and it is very important that you make it a part of your general health regime as it may highlight pre-existing but not yet diagnosed health issues.
Here are just 10 of the many reasons why you should have a regular eye examination:-
- You only get one pair of eyes; once lost your eyesight cannot be returned.
- Your eyes, unlike teeth, will not always hurt when there is a problem.
- Good eye sight is very important in education. An eye examination on young people should be carried out to detect problems with their vision that could adversely affect their ability in school.
- Prevention is paramount; early diagnosis of sight problems can halt any further deterioration, this particularly true in young children and the elderly.
- The eye health check carried out in our eye examination can pick up on early signs of conditions that may lead to blindness, such as glaucoma. With early detection being vital to proper treatment.
- The quality of our vision is often taken for granted as we get older. However, by having regular eye examinations and addressing sight issues your quality of life can be significantly improved.
- The thorough eye examination that we provide can also detect other underlying health issues, such as diabetes, thus leading to early detection.
- The sight test can check to see whether your vision needs correction. We can offer several options such spectacles or contact lenses, which we go through with you to see what is best for you.
- Better vision leads to being able to work and play better, more comfortably and safely; in fact having the proper vision correction can improve your general quality of life.
- Poor eyesight can be dangerous. Make certain that your vision meets the legal requirement for driving or any occupational needs.